2 - 6716 West Coast Rd
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Sooke
Two level Family home in popular Broomhill. Two bedroom suite in walk-out Daylight basement ($925). Main floor has 3 bedrooms and currently rents for $1,325. Realtors. Please see Member to Member Notes for showings. Thanks.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Michael believes most Home Sellers want a Realtor who will put the most money from the sale of their home in their pockets with a minimum of fuss and bother.
When Michael is your Realtor you can rest easy knowing he has your best interests at heart. He will be working to get the best price for your home. How will he accomplish this?
With a Marketing Program designed to inform the greatest number of Home Buyers your home is available and the amenities your home offers.
Because a favorable 1st Impression is critical in maximizing your home’s Sale Price a Professional Home Staging Report is prepared for you by Michael. Any improvements that will be effective in improving the Sale Price of your Home and reducing the number of Days On Market required to accomplish this will be detailed. It is your option which, if any, of these items you decide to deal with. Michael does not believe it is necessary to do a major renovation of your home but a home that is clean, bright and uncluttered will certainly help in realizing the Best Price for your home.
Michael is experienced in all aspects of real estate including Negotiating, Marketing and Mortgage Financing. Since 1985 he has been helping his Sooke Clients with their Real Estate needs. Call Michael at 250-642-6056.
1. Declutter everywhere in the house. Cluttered space seems smaller.
2. Remove 20-50% of furniture and accessories in each room put everything in large see through Totes and label them. Store them in an offsite storage
3. Pick up a couple of planters and a new welcome mat for your front porch. Make sure that your front entrance looks stunningly beautiful. This helps create a good first impression.
4. Freshen things up with flowers and fruits. Put an orchid or greenery in every bathroom and put a bowl of fruit -- lemons, limes, oranges -- in the kitchen and the dining area.
5. Don't use air fresheners to mask the smell of tobacco, dirty laundry, cats or last week's leftovers. Try using a lemon-scented cleaner to help remove unwanted odours. Candles also help to eliminate odours. Air the house before a showing.
6. We have staff to assist you with organizing and cleaning your home if you like.
My goal is simple:
1) Make the Selling process as streamlined and stress-free as possible, through constant communication, professionalism, and knowledge of the market.
2) Put the MOST MONEY IN YOUR POCKET based on current market conditions.
I have been a Licensed REALTOR in Sooke since 1985. I am a Licensed Agent 9.15 and am experienced in all aspects of managing a successful real estate company. I am skilled in writing documentation, marketing materials and contracts. I have a wide range of skills and am motivated and committed to delivering high quality customer service. My excellent reputation with clients is my biggest asset, always professional.
My Family and I moved to Sooke in 1983. I received my real estate license in 1985. For a number of years my wife Kathy and I operated our own real estate office. It became the number one selling real estate office in Sooke. After 5 years we sold our company. I preferred dealing with my clients rather than managing a real estate office. I prefer being associated with a local, community-oriented company. Pemberton Holmes!
If this reads as a job resume, it is! I want the job of helping you and your family with their next real estate transaction. You can rely on me to protect your family's best interests.